Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Is this normal?

'I wish I could have a NORMAL life!'. I've found myself thinking that a lot. For some reason, I feel like this is not how a 'normal' girl my age should live. That my life is far off from being normal. After much speculation, I realized this:

What exactly does 'normal' mean? Should I be away from home at the peak of my career with my own house? Or should I be married and starting to raise a family? Or maybe a spoiled daughter who doesn't have to worry about working, who can get whatever she wants without any sacrifice? Can these be considered 'normal' situations?

True, I may have experienced things that not many people that age have but it's not like I'm the only one in the world who has. And true, many others are in totally different situations but many others are in my shoes as well.

I have concluded that my life is normal after all. I am what I am and where I am by choice-that makes me normal. That 'normal' simply means what your life is at present. Unless you have some disability or chronic disease that hinders/prevents you from doing things others could if they wanted to-YOU ARE NORMAL. As long as you have the choice to change your circumstance whenever you like-YOU ARE NORMAL.

So if I end up away from home, with a family or whatever other scenario you can think of, then that would be normal as well. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails