Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Friday, January 29, 2010

LDLA



If you're wondering-"Long Distance Love Affair"(LDLA) acronym created by yours truly:)Well?Are you for or against?If you'd asked me maybe a year or more back, I'd definitely had said "NO WAY"!I had this strong belief that long distance relationships are simply non-starters.There just are some things*important things* that you can only see in person.Like how the person acts when he/she is angry or how he/she treats others-small things but very important.In time though, I made a modification to the 'NO long distance' idea-if you've at least met before and have some common friends then continue you're relationship via text or phone(long distance), then that might be an exception to the rule.I mean, you at least have to know something about the person right??Or have someone you can ask about them?How else would you know anything he/she says is true?They say that's called 'trust' but I don't buy it-trust is earned not assumed.Ok, so lets get to the present.What do I think now? One thing hasn't changed for sure-total strangers starting a relationship long distance?very risky(I'd never consider it)Friends who became separated by distance? You know each other so-Yes. You met, have some common friends maybe see each other once in a while?Possible-It would all depend on how much you've so far learned about each other and stuff.Why my change in opinion?Let's say I've got a friend who seems very happy in her long distance relationship, in fact they're getting married!So, it got me thinking...it is possible after all in fact there are advantages.For example you avoid any mmm..let's say 'accidents'-the further, the safer right?No wait, what happens when you see each other after a long time??Ooops..ok that's not an advantage..How about you learn trust?And communicating better*since you don't talk in person* ?And you still have your life without any 'eyes' close by!that's a sure thumbs up..:D Anyway, I'm not an LDLA expert(haven't tried it) but who knows? I might end up eating my words so better be open minded right??Like they say: "Absence sharpens love, presence strengthens it."...just might be true after all^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails