Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Bizarre Love Triangle



A friend of mine has been obsessed with this song lately. She says it relates to my "Sometimes" post somehow. Anyway, this is my interpretation of the emotion behind the song:

Every time I think of you
I feel shot right through with a bolt of blue
It's no problem of mine
But it's a problem I find
Living a life that I can't leave behind


I think: She's trying to get over him but finds herself thinking of him.No matter how much she tries, she can't seem to REALLY forget him. There's nothing wrong with this except that it leaves her living in the past, her fantasy world with him still there.

But there's no sense in telling me
The wisdom of the fool won't set you free
But that's the way that it goes
And it's what nobody knows
well every day my confusion grows


I think: She's probably received loads of advice from friends to 'move on' and get on with her life but it doesn't seem to make a difference-he's still on her mind. She's in a state of confusion, trying to understand why she can't get over him.Does she love him?Is she hurt?Why can't she move on??


Chorus:

Every time I see you falling
I get down on my knees and pray
I'm waiting for that final moment
You say the words that I can't say


I think: The guy keeps her in expectation somehow.Maybe still acting interested, caring etc leaving her thinking, hoping, praying that he would fall for her. With everything she's been through, she'd never have the courage to say how much she cares/loves him- the only chance in anything happening lies with him saying those words.

I feel fine and I feel good
I'm feeling like I never should
Whenever I get this way
I just don't know what to say
Why can't we be ourselves like we were yesterday


I think:Despite all the confusion, hurt and emotion, whenever she sees, talks to him-she still feels good.Inspired.He still has an effect on her somehow.Her,being in a state of denial-can't explain why he still makes her smile.She ends up longing for the days before the 'love triangle' began, when they were close, could talk about anything.She wishes she could turn back time.


I'm not sure what this could mean
I don't think you're what you seem
I do admit to myself
That if I hurt someone else
Then I'll never see just what we're meant to be


I think: Caught between convincing herself that they're not meant to be and smiling whenever they meet, she doesn't know how she really feels anymore.She knows she shouldn't be 'deceived', carried away with his charm but knows that somewhere inside him is something she's learned to love.Sometimes she thinks of entering a relationship to try to see how he feels but can't bring herself to hurt someone else. She fears if she enters a relationship with someone else, he might walk away, give up and all her dreams of being with him would be shattered.They'd never be the 'perfect' couple they could be.She'd loose all her chances with him and would have to watch him slip away into 'her' arms.


There you go dear!!Well??Maybe not the exact interpretation-but close enough^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails