Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The MAN in ME

There is something that I keep proving to myself over and over again. Along with this verification comes the question-'why'? 'why am i like this'? and 'is it a good thing'? Here's a scenario that happens all too often with me:

Me got guy friends right, not close but let's just say 'acquaintances' like the 'hi, hello' kind. Probably only know their names then for some reason, I still can't understand, they suddenly decide to 'open up' to me. Out of the blue they spill all the beans on their lives (not like I even asked). Usually, it happens when they've got some problem (usually GIRLS-GF's etc). I'm like 'hi..' (end of conversation) then they suddenly go 'emz..me and my GF..blah blah blah..'. And I'm like 'ok2x..did i ask? do i even know you?' Off course I don't say that but i definitely think it..

Somehow, guys tend to view me as some huge button that you push and talk to whenever the going gets tough. When it's over, you simply push it again...(Is that a compliment I wonder?)

Now the sad/weird thing here is that I just become the 'thing they push and talk into'. Ok, I'm a lot more interactive than that but what I'm saying is that it's ALL ABOUT THEM....and I have to listen(I'm emphatic..)At the end of the day, i could write a ten page bibliography about them while they probably wouldn't be able to do a paragraph about me.

I'm not talking about a single incident here, this is like 'part of my life'. It happened in high school, it happened with my workmate, it happened with someone I just 'officially' met...and it's gonna keep on happening...

My question is 'why'? what exactly do guys see in me that just makes them want to tell me everything? Even without asking!!

I guess they see the 'man in me'. Talking to their guy friends bout stuff could get kinda 'gay' i guess so where else do they turn to? Obviously to me-someone they don't really know, don't necessarily like but someone who's there..(make any sense?)To them it does...

I'm thinking it's neither a good thing nor a bad thing. I've learned to detach myself from emotion in these cases and just sincerely listen (that's usually all they need). When it's over, we go back to our 'hi' 'hello' relationship-no problem.


Well, maybe I could become a 'man psychiatrist'someday-their brains are far less complicated than a woman's..but for now, I'll just wait for the next 'patient' to come along..*_*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails