Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Decisions


I don't know about you but I sometimes wish there was someone to tell me exactly what to do every time.That I didn't have to think so much, that I didn't have to make my own decisions.Or that I was somewhat like a robot-programmed to do everything!Off course that isn't possible-our free will is one of the many things that separate us from animals and is a great gift.SO we all have to make our own decisions-sometimes big, sometimes small and sometimes huge!

I don't think I've made all the right decisions in my life- I guess no one has.There is one thing I've found out though:you always have to remember why you made the decision in the first place or else you'll get carried away and loose your focus.That's exactly what I think has happened to me and I'm hoping it won't happen again!Ok, what am I talking about?

Here's my analysis:Stopped school for full-time.well and good-I did reach that goal.But off course needed to support myself so applied for work-full time (8hrs a day).No weekends so I thought-"not bad".Then planned to do part time to avoid any hindrances of attending PSS but before I knew it, I found myself with another full-time job!This time including Saturdays!!Ok this is not good but I'm in a 2yr contract already-no turning back!!Then everything isn't really 'ok' anymore-can't preach Saturdays, takes a lot of effort to do weekdays(sleepy), and Sundays are ruined (from work).Can you see how far I've come from my original plans???What was supposed to be a means to support the ministry has become a full-time career-8hrs a day, 6 days a week, and a shift that sucks!Not to mention all the hassle to get leaves for assemblies!This isn't what I wanted at all!

Then came a 'WAKE-UP CALL'(PSS and District).It said :"Remember what's your career again??BEING AN RP!Not spending most of your time at work!How could you let your career suffer this much and for so long?"That was it-I made a promise/promises to myself and JH that come 2yrs-I'm done.I'll never apply in a company ever again.I'll never do 8hrs a day again.And I'll never let my career suffer ever again!

One thing left to do-follow up on my promise.My 'strategy'?Let a lot of people know of my plan, this way they'd follow up on me.Yap, it's been effective.Then one last thing-letting my office mates,supervisor etc know.I thought it would be the easiest part but it actually wasn't!Knowing how much you're still needed and how short they are on resources doesn't make anything easy at all!But I DID IT!!!yepey!!!*_*One more thing to do-submit my letter!!(find one to copy online.lol)


And how about all of my concerns? Assemblies,bros college..etc.....One text repeating to myself in my head:"...seek first the kingdom..all other things will be added..." ,"...seek first the kingdom..all other things will be added..." ,"...seek first the kingdom..all other things will be added..." :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails