Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Get it???


I had a very interesting conversation with my seatmate here some time back about lovey dovy stuff again.(He started it!)After sharing his life's love experiences, there's one thing I noticed-how long it took for him to realize or to finally accept that a girl he likes actually likes him too!It got me wondering if all guys are like that??so 'blind', unassuming??hmmm...well, i just had to ask him what kind of things would give him reason to think a girl likes him.What it would take for him to 'get it'?The list was sometimes like this:(provided you have some idea that she doesn't act this way to everyone)

>she replies to all/most of his text messages

>she accepts invitations to go to places

>she does stuff he asks her to do

>she texts/calls

>she tells him personal things

>she shows she cares somehow

>she gives some hints of 'jealousy'

Now here's the weird part, even if all the above are 'check' he says he still doesn't assume anything!!Cummon guys! what else can a girl do?? Ok, I'm a girl right?(yes, I've finally decided:D) Believe me, if did even a couple of the above to someone, I at least like you-even a bit.And if I completed the list???Hellooo??I definitely like you!So what's with the "she probably thinks of me as a friend" or "It's normal I guess, nothing special" mentality guys have??

His answer?It all boils down to fear.Of what?Rejection.The "how about if I'm wrong?" thinking.It seems guys really, really can't take rejection and wouldn't dare make any more 'moves' unless they were absolutely sure.Don't ask me how they'd know that aside from the 'list'- I dunno!

But guys,you really have to be a little assuming sometimes! I wouldn't even call it assuming.It's more like 'reading between the lines'.Of course it would depend on the girl coz there are girls who are so friendly with everyone, have a lot of guy friends, are caring etc so it'd be kinda hard to tell the difference in her treatment.Then there are girls who aren't close at all with any guy, aren't caring or friendly by nature,i think these are 'easy';)Mmmm..maybe guys have to study the girl a little first.So they'd know when what she's doing isn't 'normal' anymore.Or maybe girls have to make the 'message between the lines' easier to read??

I DUNNO...I HONESTLY DUNNO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails