Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Friday, March 19, 2010

What If



I think it's all too common for us to take for granted the spiritual heritage we've been handed.But have you ever asked yourself what if you were just a 'normal' worldly kid and someone knocked on your door offering a magazine or something would you accept it???Think real, real hard...well??

I think about this often and have concluded that I might have accepted it since I like reading and it was free.But how about when they returned?Again and again?Trying to establish a BS?Who's to say I would be 'touched' by what I read?Or that something would interest me?Yep, I'm quite sure I would 'back-out'. Even if I did accept, I really don't think I'd make all the changes needed.Why?Coz, I'm pretty sure I'd be a 'wild', 'independent', 'party-goer' kinda girl.

Coming to that conclusion, where would I be now?A drug-addict? Maybe with two kids and no father?Or maybe still at school struggling with my grades?Worst still, maybe in jail for some crime?I dunno.For sure, I'd be lost, without purpose, unhappy, discontent, with loads of problems, hopeless and definitely with a very dim future.

But thanks to our spiritual heritage, we haven't had to 'taste' the world, we have direction, purpose and a bright future.:) It might be somewhat true that those who 'find' the truth on their own are more 'focused', more appreciative of JH's organization etc and that we sometimes take things for granted.But it is equally true that they were so close to not becoming one of JH's servants.There are a lot of 'what ifs' that could have changed everything-for the worst!On the other hand we have had the privilege of not having to 'experience' the world to know it's dangers. Not having to be 'chin-deep' in irreversible circumstances before coming to our senses.The list goes on......

How about being less 'focused', 'appreciative' and taking things for granted? It's all about appreciation.You have to take time to really think about all the "what if's".You'll come to realize what a rare privilege we have that we should be forever grateful for.*_*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails