Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Saturday, February 13, 2010

I'd lie



Yep, I'm talking about talking about Taylor Swift's famous song.Have you really mm..let's say 'felt' the lyrics?It's a perfect 'falling for your friend' story!I find it 'funny' how far self-denial can get sometimes like the chorus goes:

And I could tell you
His favorite color's green
He loves to argue
Born on the seventeenth
His sister's beautiful
He has his father's eyes
And if you ask me if I love him
I'd lie


I mean, cummon! How could you possibly know so much in so much detail about someone and deny you love them?? I think it's all about fear.People are scared to use the "L" word.I bet if you asked her 'if she liked him' she'd agree.There simply is a big difference when you use the "L" word, it comes with some kind of responsibility, not only to the one saying it but to the one it's being said to.Coming to think of it-I've never said 143 to anyone, only replying with "likewise" or "you too". I've been wondering why? My analysis so far says it's because LOVE is supposed to be something developed, not simply felt.I find it weird that people use the "I LOVE YOU" line to get into relationships, wouldn't it be wiser and more sincere if they said something like "I REALLY LIKE YOU AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW YOU BETTER"? That way, you're not making any promises, you're not giving anyone any unrealistic expectations and you're not 'forcing' them to say 'yes' (it's hard to say 'no' when someone tells you they love you, easiest way out is to simply agree...) and you are being very honest.If things don't work out, they can't say "but you said you loved me....."(yeah you did but you didn't even know her/him that much yet!)-how would you answer that???

Sometimes though,like in the 'I'd lie' song-you know a person 'inside out' so yes, you could say you loved them but why the denial??Again Fear.Maybe fear of rejection?that the feeling isn't mutual?'destroying' your 'friendship'?loosing that person for good?Or not being able to deal with the consequences?..It's a lot easier and safer to keep everything to yourself than to risk the loosing the 'bond' you have.What do you think?Are those reasons good enough? I rest my case @_@

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails