Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Morning Walks




I've been trying to find some fitness activity to engage in lately, my lifestyle is very unhealthy!After thinking about gyms, dance lessons, jogging etc, I thought about a simple solution-walking.For a couple of days now, I've been walking home(it's around 30min walk) and I'm loving it! Nothing beats the fresh cool morning air, it's sometimes so chilly I have to hug myself (I always forget my jacket).Everyone hurrying to work or school not knowing what the day will bring, the market bustling with activity, merchants setting their stalls up hoping for a productive day,jeepneys speeding through the roads like it were some kind of race-everything just so intriguing to watch!What I love about my walk is somehow, it's as if I'm walking in the suns direction (literally)-the nearer I get home, the brighter and warmer it gets.Then my favorite part of all, when I'm halfway home, I can see the sun in mid-sky!!A perfect circle, yellow with different hues surrounding it and I can look straight at it, even without squinting! Sorry to sound ignorant but when else do you get to look straight at the sun?!? I also get to pick flowers on the way-I just can't resist! (owners are asleep so I can't ask permission:D) and the flowers go to the one who opens the gate (ie. mama).Not to mention it's my daily dose of 'alone' time-very conducive for thinking.If a lots on my mind, I just walk slower:)

I do wish I had a better scenery instead of dirty, old, ugly buildings, cars and frowning faces so I make my own scenery. Using my imagination (the power of sleepless nights) I transform everything and make my walk a walk in paradise! The roads become green pastures, buildings-beautiful houses, frowns turn upside down into wide smiles and the cars??Animals!!Reminds me of the song "See yourself when all is new"-very inspiring. No wonder people were glancing at me, I must have been smiling all the way home^_^

I'm thinking of trying different routes to make my walks more interesting.I hope I can find my way home if I experiment, anyway since it's early it's safe to get lost (I'm a genius with direction:)If you haven't tried a morning walk, you're missing half of your life.So try it sometime,just remember to change your scenery.%_%

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails